Thursday, April 11, 2013

Dicks Creek Gap to Bly Gap

Today we hiked 9 miles! It was a beautiful and exciting day! We were walking down the mountainside singing when all of a sudden I heard a rustle in the leaves. I stopped in my track and looked to see what it was. To my delight and surprise I saw a Gardner snake laying in some leaves! It was awesome to see some wildlife other than squirrels and mice. After that we came across a bunch a fallen trees that revealed a huge root system! Today we also got to see a trail legend, the twisted oak tree! The most exciting thing about today was WE MADE IT TO NORTH CAROLINA! Another unforgettable day on the trail!
With Love,
Max and Sara











1 comment:

  1. HI! Yay! Congrats on making it out of GA!
    Your four legged friend says Hi...oddly enough he is still here?!
    Take care and be well!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete